24 hour “news” networks have had quite the interesting effect on how information is transmitted and received. Between the Internet and these media outlets, ignorance should slowly erode away.
Yet somehow, fewer and fewer people understand where they stand in the timeline of history. A probable explanation for that is that Americans today listen, watch and occasionally read information that could possibly have some truth to it, but the spin is so grossly distorted that hardly anyone realizes that what they are tuning into is simply entertainment. The political junkies of today are not all that different from fans of pro wrestling. The major difference is that these junkies think what they are watching is real and not entertainment.
Take this “journalism” for example. In this 1 minute and 24 second clip can the viewer count the number of sensationalized and inaccurate statements?
1) Americans have been assassinated by drones. Anwar al-Awlaki and Abdulrahman al-Awlaki who was 16 years old.
2) Americans (including children) have been slaughtered by their government on American soil with no due process. Waco and Ruby Ridge tradgedies.
3) “Of all of the issues that we are looking at in the country, insolvency, war in north Africa…” Huh? Why is the country looking at war in North Africa?
4) “… Iran going nuclear.” This one’s a favorite from the entertainers. While there is a nuclear program in Iran, it is used solely for low enriched utility and medical purposes and multiple American intelligence agencies have repeatedly confirmed this. “Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.” Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi Reich’s Minister of Propaganda.
5) Why is Krauthammer defending Eric Holder’s failure to confirm that it is unconstitutional to murder an American on American soil? While Holder claimed that it wouldn’t be “appropriate” and eventually stated that it wasn’t constitutional, he and Senator Ted Cruz are keeping the loophole of “Absent an Imminent Threat.” Whatever that means.
It’s simply amazing. Anyone can try this by reading any article or watching CNN. It comes down to what is reported (and not reported) and what kind of talking head explanation is mixed in the following segments. There could be some actual facts in there. It could be a bombing in Syria or a conflict between China and Japan, but then come the commentary “experts” who have no fundamental understanding of history, economics or even the politics of these countries. Their entertaining perspective draws completely the wrong conclusions, it’s transmitted to millions and Voilà! Opinion is molded based on a mountain of lies!
Luckily, there are still people who think from themselves, trying to free their destiny from the realm of Idiocracy.
This should be the opening for one of our favorites: